Monday, February 8, 2010

Phobias

In chapter 13, Percy nearly plunged to his death from the St. Louis Arch. Did you know that the arch spans 630 feet! That's REALLY high and speaking of heights...did you know "acrophobia" is one of the most popular phobias? We also learn in chapter 15 that Annabeth experiences a bit of arachnophobia...fear of spiders.

Do you know anyone who is afraid of heights or spiders? What about other phobias? Do you have any phobias?

10 comments:

  1. I have many phobias....one of which is aquaphobia, the fear of drowning in deep water. That being said, I don't think Poseidon would've claimed me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am scared of spiders and also afraid of hights!!! I don't really think I'm scared of drowning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I know my whole family is afraid of spiders. I am not afraid of heights but i am terrified of air planes. I was born to swim my family calls me the little blonde mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am afraid of snakes!but I don't think i'm afraid of drowning because I love water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apollo, the little blonde mermaid! VERY CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have to say that I am with Percy on this one. I am afraid of heights, just looking over the rail from the second floor down to the first floor makes me feel uneasy!

    I wouldn't say I'm afraid of insects, they just make my skin crawl but I am not afraid of killing them as are many people with phobias.

    Take my sister in law for example. She climbs furniture to get away from a baby spider AND she screams at the top of her lungs as if she could possibly fit inside a spiders belly! Come on! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Library Princess, if Poseidon were your father you would not have said fear! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.